Saturday 19 November 2011

FURTHER EVIDENCE

Of course there happened to be a good amount of sideways I thought to be mainways and entered. I want here to keep the line.
I saw in one of his books that Peter Lemusurier mentions the possibility of Orion being the Heavens of Holy Books.
I have visited a good amount of websites publishing related materials. They were supporting.
I spoke with Christians saying that Orion is explicitely mentioned in the Bible.
I saw interpretations like "Biblically, the constellation is likely to represent "... Nimrod, the mighty hunter before the Lord" (Gen 10:9), connected in extra-biblical lore with the building of the Tower of Babel (http://www.tamrin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=stars&action=display&thread=1782)
I learned from Wikipedia that the Nimrod wore hunter clothes, a good probable way of claiming he is "The Great Hunter", the God.
And then, just about two years ago I saw 'Ali `Imran / 133 : And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous.
This verse says the width (depth) of the Heavens should be equal to its distance to Earth which is roughly true for Orion.


This was a further coincidence.


next post:what all this may imply
ismail

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I mentioned Orion in my 'GOds of the Dawn', but not explicitly in terms of the Heaven of the Holy Books. I merely called the preceding chapter 'The Gate of Heaven'.
    Peter Lemesurier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Yes, the book I meant is Gods of the Dawn.
    The translation I have in page 182 goes :" Ve sözü edilen cennetin nerede olduğunu da (holy books) söylemezler." ...
    This is : "And where the Heavens they (the Holy Books) speak about is not mentioned." ....
    -Büyük Piramit ise bunu söylemektedir.
    (The Great Pyramid does this.)...
    -Bu yer Orion Takımyıldızlarının kuşak kısmıdır.
    (This place is the Belt of Orion.) ...
    -Hatta doğru (the line) kaba olarak kuşağı (Belt) değil, tek bir yıldızı işaret etmektedir: Zeta Orionis (circa 700 l.y.)
    (Not only the totality of stars but a lone star is pointed out: Al Nitak or Zeta Orionis.)

    But as I have pointed out, the place of Heavens seems to be well defined in Quran.

    ReplyDelete